Friday, April 19, 2013

Frugal Friday: "Grill me a cheese!"

One of my guilty pleasures is the FX series Archer.  I know, I know it is a little raunchy, has way to many innuendos and  has slightly racist and sexist jokes often. It pushes the envelope but my husband and I indulge. One of my favorite jokes from the show has to do with grilled cheese, well the lack there of actually.  On one episode we find out that the title character has, since childhood asked his neglectful narcissistic  mother to "Grill [him] a cheese." When he finally gets his cheese it's with Swiss, bummer, well maybe not so much.

If you caught yesterdays guest post by Crys W of H_Daily you know that April is Grilled Cheese month.  Grilled cheese is one of the tastiest frugal meals that is great for anytime of the day. Archers Swiss cheese sandwich was probably just sliced bread and cheese, but after surfing the net I now realize that the possibilities are endless.  Coupons or not you can always find a great deal on cheese.  With combinations including fresh veggies, an array of meats, sauces, and cheese varieties you can celebrate Grilled Cheese Month all year round. 

As usual I took to Pintrest and here are a few combinations I would like to try very soon.

Smoked Salmon Grilled Cheese


Sweet Potato-Cheddar Grilled Cheese
Middle Eastern Style Grilled Cheese

Pizza Grilled Cheese

Pulled Chicken Grilled Cheese

A grilled cheese sandwich is a great way of Loving Leftovers and using what you have on hand. So grab some cheese, a couple of slices of bread, a few spices, a little sauce, have it sweet or savory, for lunch or dinner, maybe even both.  Bon Appetite and penny pinching too. 

Whats on your grilled cheese?

Peace, Love, and Frugality too,

Najeema Iman, I AM Curly Locks (Getting Cheesy and saving a buck at the same time)

No comments:

Post a Comment