Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Motherhood: From the Archives (30 Minute Round Up)

My grandmother loved keeping a clean house.  I have the same values, but my time is spread pretty thin these days.  Between caring for two toddlers, blogging, working on my jewelry line or any of my five million and one projects, fitting in cleaning to my daily routine can be overwhelming.  There is no way that I can spend the whole day dusting, polishing, cleaning, sorting, and washing everything without taking much needed time away from my girls.

Since I don't have time for a tedious cleaning routine, the only way that I can accomplish everything that I would like to in my day is through timed cleaning sessions.  I like to call them 30 minute round-ups.  My 30-minute round up usually consists 30 timed  minutes of picking up everything off of the floor, vacuuming, loading the dishwasher, wiping down surfaces, or any tasks that has gone undone for a while. I am not always able to fit in 30 minutes so I have a 10-15 minute round up sessions instead.

By timing myself I become a more effective housekeeper. I able to complete the most important things such as mopping the floor, picking up toys, cleaning the dishes, and have more time to spend with my family. The laundry in our house piles up often, and my toilet doesn't get cleaned everyday, but I am able to maintain a neater space for my family.

I'm not a supermom, but I do have a couple of super ideas that help me make it through the day.  Here's to a better housekeeping!!!

Peace, Love, Happy Cleaning,

Najeema Iman, I AM Curly Locks
"I believe in Kingdom blogging!"

Originally Posted 3/14/11
Updated February 27, 2013

2 comments:

  1. I used to be so obsessive about cleaning when I was younger, but now it seems I just don't have the time. And the funny thing is it seems I can clean the house in less time than I could before with the same results. Very similar to your 30 minute round up ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this idea!! I've been beating myself up for not cleaning like I used to, but I always at least try to make things neat and tidy. Declaring a daily 30 minute round up will definitely get me in the mindset of cleaning in spurts!

    ReplyDelete