Saturday, May 12, 2012

Insecurity

You can't find acceptance until you accept yourself.  If you followed my post for any length of time you will know that I have consistently struggled with being insecure.  My insecurities have ruined good relationships and caused me to enter bad relationships on the regular.   To be insecure means that you possess fear and doubt, lack confidence, uncertain, uneasy, which is not a good place to be.  I am no psychologist but I am convinced that insecurity is one of the leading causes of depression.  Which I have struggled with for years....

 Isaiah 41:10 tells us,  

"Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you, surely I will help you,Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."(NASB)

To be like Christ is to possess security, self worth, and be validated through Him alone.  We, myself included, make some of the worst life decisions when we do not trust God to guide us.   There should be no fear or doubt if you loose yourself completely in Him.  He will give you strength to stand and strength to walk away.  Anxiety will flee and peace of mind will flourish.

I have not fully arrived.  Heck the only person who has fully arrived is Christ, but I can seek to be more like Him daily and ask Him to reveal the faults in my life.  So can you.   This walk ain't easy, but it is the only way to go. 


My Prayer: God help me to find peace and security in you.  Give me patience and grace as I discover who you have created me to be.  You alone can validate me.  Let your right hand guide me daily.  Let your peace follow me.  


Peace and Love,


Najeema Iman, I AM Curly Locks

No comments:

Post a Comment