Monday, November 5, 2012

No sleep, Burnt plastic and fingers

Well its just one of those days today.  Despite my spirit being uplifted during church yesterday, I feel like the world is collapsing around me.  I'm tired beyond belief. I've been working hard to crank out new designs for Curlitude, which has been enjoyable, but time consuming.  The three year old (Elise) hasn't been sleeping well.  In fact she is waking up almost every hour on the hour asking for, food, water, cereal, "I want to sleep with daddy,"  uggh.  I don't know if we have a Freudian complex, instablity in my husbands work schedule, or if the falling back an hour threw her off, but it's been rough. 

Mommy is tired, daddy is tired, and we are in desperate need of a break which was quite evident in my failed attempt at breakfast on Saturday.  Lets see where to start.  The whole wheat raisin recipe that I found on the internet was terrible, which caused me to waste a whole batch of homemade batter. I felt terrible, especially since all Elise asked for when she came home form gymnastics was," Mommy want pancakes, please?" and she waited so patiently.  To top it off Elise burned her fingers on the caramel for the apples we were dipping because silly me didn't think to let it cool before allowing her to help.  Oh and did I mentioned that I dropped all the apples after they were done cooling and I burned a plastic bowl full freshly made rice on the stove.

To be honest all of this seems trivial when you look at everything else that is going on in the world.  Families whole lives were washed away with Sandy, and here I am complaining about burning a plastic bowl.  Though there are obstacles in life, we have so much to be thankful for.  I have a home with a family that loves me.  We may have our struggles but when the time gets tough their there.  I know a God who is healing me and in spite of my self, He cares for me.  I don't know what tomorrow holds, I may drop a few apples or burn the pancakes, but there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. 

Peace and Love,

Najeema Iman, I AM Curly Locks

Don't forget to check out my latest handmade accessories and jewelry to accent your natural beauty and style. 

No comments:

Post a Comment