Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I Voted

I did my civic duty today and I voted for the third time in my life.  I'm not as politically involved as I was when I first voted in Tennessee, but I did try to at least find out what the primary proposals were all about. It wasn't as easy this time seeing as I let my ID expire.  So off to the Help Desk I went,  where they had to view my voters ID card and Social Security card, and put in a special code in order for me to vote.  The girls joined us at the polls and of course the three year old got her own sticker. 

I don't really care who you vote for, I just hope that you exercise your right.   As an African American Woman I reminded that there was a time when this right was not given.  I have family member who sat in jail cells, marched, and risked their lives so that this right would be mine.  My vote today counted, go make yours....

Najeema Iman, I AM Curly Locks(and I voted)

Post a picture of you and your I VOTED Sticker today and get Free Shipping code to used on your order through Saturday November 10, 2012.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment