Wednesday, November 7, 2012

My feelings about the Election

The final numbers aren't exactly in yet, but it is pretty clear that President Obama will have for more years.  I have to say that both candidates had flaws, and truthful neither candidate could fulfill everyone's list of personal ideas that people have when selecting presidents.  This election, as those before it, divided many.  Household battles, Facebook news feeds flooded with commentary,  lies, deceptive practices, misquotes, and misleading was enough to make me vomit. I am happy the election is over and we are able to get back previously scheduled programing.   Don't get me wrong the election is important but I am so tired of politics where you have to tearing down your opponent to by smearing their name to build yourself up, annoying. This proposal, that proposal, who to choose?  The amount of stress at the polls was staggering.  I won't say which way my vote went and I don't know how the next four years will turn out, but I will say that we all need to forgive, forget and move forward. Choose to disagree on the issues and keep it moving.  Go hug the family member that you disowned because of their candidate choice, go rekindle your life long friendship with you best friend of a different party, we are all Americans who excersised our right to vote and choose.

Najeema Iman, I AM Curly Locks (I voted.)

No comments:

Post a Comment