Friday, February 8, 2013

Frugal Friday: 23 Tips to Save on Clothing

As a mother of two who is always trying to pinch a penny, especially when it comes to my limited clothing budget.  Hand me dows are great, but kids out grow cloths at the blink of an eye.  I try to stay ahead of the curve and buy clothing off season in various sizes when I can, but I know there has to be other ways. 

Frugal Friday kind of got away from me, especially since everyone in my household has been off on sick for the past month, but here is an article that I found on the internet that may be helpful when trying to save money on clothing....

 23 Tips to Save on Clothing: On average, we spend $1,700 a year on clothes. Here's how to reduce that number and still look good.

Some of the best tips in my opinion-

Swapping with Friends.  I have done this before and it can be very beneficial, especially if you have friends with children around the same age as yours.

Buying at discount stores.  I do this quite often especially stores like TJMaxx and Marshalls.

Don't skimp on swimsuits.  OMG, this a biggie. I have bought so many cheap swimsuits they out number  my finger and toes, all of that could have been avoided by splurging on a good suit.

Only buy what you can fit now.  I am guilty of it, buying items that are to small and saying I will loose the weight and fit in the future, when the reality is that I never loose the weight and it just sits in my closet.

What are you favorite tips for saving money on clothing?

Najeema Iman, I AM Curly Locks

No comments:

Post a Comment