Tuesday, January 17, 2012

No resolutions, those never get resolved

2011 was definitely a year filled with ups and downs.  I had more depressed days than sunshine, but I made it by God's grace.

Now like most  people if you only read the first few lines of this post, you would think that all hope was lost, but far from it. Broken, feeling like all is lost, was the best place for me to be in 2011. In my despair came so much self realization, forgiveness, freedom, and peace.

Over the next couple of days, weeks, months, I don't know year? I am reflecting on some of the harsh realities that I was forced to face in 2011.  I don't really know where this is going to take me, but I do know that 2012 has been so much better since I let go of my self imposed obligations, boundaries, hurt, anger, est.  The last three week of this new year have been amazing.  I've heard it said that the way you start is the way you finish, well I'm at peace so who knows what  can happen.  I know there will be obstacles, but everyday is another opportunity for growth and self improvement. 

I don't have any resolutions because those never seem to be resolved, but....

I will choose to let God be God everyday.
Make someone smile everyday, adding a little glitter never hurt nobody.
Speak life instead of death.
I will be patient.

I will do more than try I will do these things by trusting God.

That is all.

Peace and Love,

Najeema Iman, I AM Curly Locks

No comments:

Post a Comment