Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Blogging is therapeutic to me.

Blogging is therapeutic to me. When I am most effective, I tell a story to an audience of one.

When the  average person, my self included, visualizes the word therapy we see  white washed walls, bookcases stacked high, a dimly lit room and the latest Tiffany style lamp. We often have a  one sided of view of therapy and forget that therapy is "any act, hobby, task, program, etc., that relieves tension."  To be honest I thought that I needed the white walls and a yellow steno pad, but putting pen to paper, fingers to keys has been just what I needed during my most challenging year.  

Somewhere between networking, looking at  far to many blogs, and trying to monetize my blog I lost focus.  My therapy sessions were overcast by a need to be the next big thing in blogging.  This isn't a new discovery for me, I mentioned it several times last year in post like Variety Blogger and I blog. The reality is that I don't have thousands of subscribers or millions of people following my tweets, but I have a voice and someones listening.

According to my hubby, he knows that I am okay when I am blogging.  Who knew!

Peace and Love,

Najeema Iman, I AM Curly Locks

No comments:

Post a Comment