Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Search for the Perfect Curvy Girl Skinny Jean Continues

Okay so I am still in the process of rebuilding my wardrobe. I need all the basics, jeans, solid t-shirts, solid tank-tops, est.  I have a little black dress, which was a big help during the holiday season.  My accessory collections is growing exponential since I have started my own handmade jewelry collection, Curlitude. The majority of my wardrobe consists of items that I have had since high school and college, I seldom wear them and overall my closet is looking a little sparse. It happens to the best of us, especially mothers who take care of everyone else before themselves.

Ashley Stewart: Average Skinny Five Pocket Denim
I'm not fashionista' but I do enjoy mixing colors, patterns, shapes, and styles to express myself.  When both of you parents went to FIT (Fashion Institute of Technology) and your creatively inclined you have certain expectations for yourself.

Bootleg cut jeans have been my go-to gals for the past five years, but I am ready for change. A couple of months ago I was on the Search for the Perfect Curvy Girl Skinny Jean. It took me about 2 weeks to compile a list of contenders, Ashley Stewart, Asos, Fashion to Figure, Lane Bryant, and Torrid. I finally decided, after much review I purchased the Ashley Stewart's Average Skinny Five Pocket Denim, pictured on the left. They were a great fit with excellent tummy control and no muffin top, but definitely not a skinny jean.  They fit more like a slim boot cut or straight leg jean. Good jeans, but not the look that I was going for.

Maybe it is just me, and my proportions are drastically different from most women that jeans are manufactered for.  Maybe the companies that manufacturer jeans skinny leg jeans for curvy girls are attempting to accommodate women who have large calf muscles? It is entirely possible, but I want a pair too.  Some say that curvy girls shouldn't wear skinny's, but to those rare individuals I say have a seat cause' you can't put this curvy diva in a box.

Fashion to Figure(Dark Wash Basic Skinny Jean)
I won't give up.  The first pair from Ashley Stewart didn't work, so time to move on.   Fashion to Figure Extra Dark Wash Basic Skinny Jean  is around the same price point. I'm a mom on a budget and my criteria remains the same. I want a pair of Dark Wash Skinny Jeans that are $50 or less, have a little tummy control and are high enough to accommodate, in the words of Phaedra Parks of RHOA, "Donkey Booty". (Don't judge, I watch a little trash TV from time to time.)  We will see how this goes.  I have heard  nothing but great things about the Fashion to Figure brand, and one of my favorite fashion bloggers Gabifresh wears items from their line often. I hope that this pair is actually skinny and not another  imposter. 

How do you rock your skinny jeans?How have you updated your wardrobe lately? What are your go-to items in your closet?

Peace and Love,

Najeema Iman (I AM Curly Locks, Mom on mission to find the perfect skinny jeans for a curvy girl)

Don't forget to to subscribe.
Follow me on twitter @NajeemaIman
Like me on Facebook
Follow me on Pintrest



No comments:

Post a Comment