Monday, January 14, 2013

Liebster Award

I was awarded the Liester Award thanks to a fellow mommy blogger Tasha of http://momnstinks.blogspot.com/. 


The Liebster award's origins are pretty much a mystery. Bloggers nominate other bloggers that have 200 or less followers. "Liebster" is German for "favorite," so this is kinda like the "favorite blog award." It's basically a "Hey, that's a sweet little blog you got there. Here's an award!" You just can't accept the award, you have to play by the (ever changing) rules and pay it forward. Then you put the award on your blog for all to see.

So here it goes....

11 random facts about me
  1. I sometimes watch to much TV. In fact I secretly watch the Disney Channel my kids aren't in the room.  Star Trek, Doctor Who, and Top Gear are a few of my favorites.
  2. I don't like lady bugs.
  3. I have an Etsy store which features handmade jewelry and accessories by me called Curlitude. (Had to put a plug in.)
  4. Both of daughters names begin with the letter E.
  5. I went to a catholic high school.
  6. My first pets name was DAISY.
  7. I have a slight addiction to facebook, and I occasionally find myself typing in facebook.com in my browser without thinking about it.
  8. I am my mothers only child, but I have one biological and two adopted siblings.
  9. I was born in New York, raised in Michigan.
  10. My parent's met while attending Fashion Institute of Technology in New York.
  11. I am a theater geek.

Tasha's Questions for me

Q: Where is your favorite place to visit?
A: The Dominican Republic. Only been there once for a trip to volunteer at an orphanage, but it was one of the most life changing experiences I have ever had.

Q: What is your favorite food?
A: That is a toughie. I don't have just one but anything cheesy and well seasoned.

Q: Have you ever received a speeding ticket before?
A: No, would you have guessed it, I still don't have my license.

Q: What is the most you've paid for a pair of shoes?
A: $80, and wouldn't ya know they weren't even for me.

Q: Are you a saver or a spender?
A: A saver thanks to the God given wisdom of Dave Ramsey.

Q:What is your all time most favorite movie?
A: I could be the stereotypical black girl and say "The Color Purple," but honestly it is a tie between "Chocolat," and "Rent."

Q: Would you rather be hot or cold?
A: Hot, but I do enjoy the fun things that occur in the winter time.

Q: How many rooms does your home or place of residence have?
A: 3 bedroom, 1 1/2 baths, living room, dining room, and kitchen...I guess that comes to 7 1/2 rooms.

Q: Do you have any allergies? If so, what are you allergic to?
A: Yes, mostly seasonal, but pineapple bothers me from time to time as well.

Q: What brand of shampoo do you use?
A: Typically I use Dr. Bronner's 18-in-1 Hemp Pure-Castile Soap, Peppermint but since I ran out I am using Cantu Shea Butter Moisturizing Cream Shampoo.

My questions to the winners
  1. What was your first pet?
  2. If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live?
  3. What is your  favorite book?
  4. Are you the only child or do you have siblings?
  5. Why did you start blogging?
  6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
  7. What is your favorite quote?
  8. Do you prefer coffee or tea?     
  9. How would you describe yourself in one word?
  10. What is your favorite child hood memory?   
And the Award Winners are.....
  1. A new Adventure blog
  2.  Oooh Baby-baby
  3. My So Called Organic Life
  4. NaturallyDani
  5. iValentina
  6. A Misplaced Mom
  7. Reloved
  8. Glamamama's Goodies
  9. Mama's Vivacious Family
  10. MeloMomma  
  11. The Broken Pieces of Healing
My nominations tell you a lot about me. I mommy who lives natural hair, I feel misplaced from time to time and become a little Mellow. I have some broken pieces but I am still enjoying the new adventure.

Peace and Love,

Najeema Iman, I AM Curly Locks


No comments:

Post a Comment