Thursday, February 2, 2012

My 5 favorite ways to reuse coffee grounds

In my attempt to become more frugal and eco-conscious I have found another item that has often been trashed in my household after we have reaping the benefits of its caffinated wonders, coffee grounds.

Here are my favorite ways to reuse coffee grounds...
Image from visionmagazine.com
  1. Plant Fertalizer. Love this for many reasons, not only does it make my plants fuller, saves me tons of money, and is safe around my kids, it also helps to reduce the amount of pesky gnats that like to nibble on my plants roots and leaves.
  2. Facial/body Scrub.  This is definitely a new one for me, but according to one of my favorite fashionista's blog, Michelle Phan, coffee grounds mixed with honey is an excellent exfoliate that can help to reduce the appearance of cellulite. (Find out more by visiting michellephan.com)
  3. Fabric dye. I'm always looking for a frugal way to improve my wardrobe.
  4. Tackle tough grease stains on pots and pans, cause' the scrubber isn't always enough.
  5. Odor Eliminator in the fridge or freezer.


Those are just a few of my favorites but there are many ways the coffee grounds can be reused.  Here are a few links to see more...
15 Ways to Reuse Coffee Grounds
16 Ways to Reuse Coffee Grounds
Bleeding Green: 21 Ways to Reuse coffee grounds

Going green one reused product at a time.

Peace and Love,

Najeema Iman, I AM Curly Locks




No comments:

Post a Comment