Monday, August 27, 2012

2 years and counting

Well a little over 2 years ago I started blogging.  I definitely haven't perfected the craft, in fact I often go weeks or months without blogging, but it is a good outlet.  So much has changed, yet stayed the same in the course of two years.  Definitely still not getting enough sleep, but that comes with the territory of being a parent.  I kind of know what I want to do with the rest of my life, but I am continuing to seek God in the matter. 

Here are the past two years in a nutshell....Big Chopped twice; lost weight and gained it back the same year; Got life changing news and met interesting people in the meantime;  Had a child with Spina Bifida, blogged about it at For the Love of Elly; Started crafting, DIY now frequents my vocabulary; Read a few books, wrote a few chapters; Got creatively involved with canvas, magazine paper, hot glue, and yarn; took lots of pictures along the way, yet to be posted.  Lost a lot, but gained so much.  Some joy, some pain, some time, some tears shed, slept a little, loved a lot; realized life is promised to no man so seize every opportunity to make someone smile, get your happy on by blessing others.  Learned money isn't the solution to happiness, it helps feed world, but contentment comes from within.  

I can't complain.  I may not have everything that I want, but I have everything that I need.  I turned twenty-four a week ago, don't feel much different from being 23 but I am happy that God blessed me with another year.

Najeema, I AM Curly Locks

No comments:

Post a Comment