Thursday, August 23, 2012

There is so much going on in my life right now and many projects in the development phase.  Will update you when more things have been finalized.

I had the opportunity to assist my husband in photographing a friends wedding this past weekend.   Now I'm no professional, but I get a good shot every now and then.  I'm trying to learn more about our family business, and i never realized how much work goes into taking a photo. There is lighting, more than the flash, you are dealing with natural elements  like the sun, along with reflection, refraction, and have to incorporate filters at the appropriate time.   Most of the time I left the camera on auto-focus, because I am just not confident in manually focusing a camera.  Then there are different lens with different purposes, depending on what you are trying to achieve. Oh and don't forget about white balance.  You ever wonder why pictures have a blue, red or yellow hue, that has to do with white balance.  Needless to say I was pretty tired by the end of the evening, my hands and feet could have use a good soak the next day.My husband is teaching me so much about being behind the camera, and a we are learning a few things together as well.  I guess it is time for me to go from being in front of the camera, to the one capturing moments digitally.   I would really love to get into photo journalism one day, which is by definition "the art or practice of communicating news by photographs." Which will make me a much better journalist one day. 

I am learning about so many gifts, talents, and abilities that I didn't know I possessed. Life is beginning to come into focus and I am gaining a clearer vision as to what the future holds.  I am in a much better place mentally, and I am letting God do is thing.  Finding my happy one photograph at a time/

Peace and Love,

Najeema Iman, I AM Curly Locks

No comments:

Post a Comment