Monday, September 24, 2012

People pleaser

This week I was brought to tears.  I litterally started balling because of things said by people who really don't know or care to know anything about me. This isn't the first time.  I'm a people person, often falling into the trap of being a people pleaser. I love people.  I love being around them, hearing stories, sharing stories, and seeing beyond the exterior, to the heart of a person.  Being a people person has both positve and negative traits.  While I have meet a lot of interesting people, I have also met those who use my kindness as weakness.  I am no ones doormat, but I have been trampled on a couple of times. People wanna use my kindness as weakness. i want to see the good in everybody but they make it so hard.

Mama always told me, "Not everybody is for you."  This is wisdom. Some people are in your life for a season, some people will be with you for a lifetime, others are just passing with the wind.  It is easy to get caught in the passing breeze trying to avoid a storm, when the forecast is sunny with no chance of rain.  Don't let the breezes carry you to uncharted waters. Some people are going to dislike you for no reason, wanna bring you down a peg or put you in your place, but let this be motivation for your success. 

People can only hurt you if you let them.  We give people so much control over our thoughts and emotions, when the only person that we should live for is Christ. Don't make a God of anybody.  Fight for your happiness, God gave it to you. You can't control peoples actions, but you can control your reaction to it. Not everybody is for you. People can bring out the best and worse in you if you let em'.  Choose to let go and keep it moving.  The lack of a reaction shows the maturity that you possess.

Najeema Iman, I AM Curly Locks (Growing)

No comments:

Post a Comment