Friday, December 28, 2012

Another shooting another day in America

Another shooting another day in America.  I just heard about 2 teen girls shot after a basketball game in New Jersey. I cry for my generation. I cry for our nation. I cry for our daughters and sons' gone too soon.  At least once a week for the past couple of months I have heard of countless tragedies.  We live in a time where suicide is the norm, and killing, rather mass or singular frequent our schools and public places.  I weep knowing that I too will one day send my daughter to school and pray to God everyday that she comes home safely.    My heart not only cry's for these girls, who were gone to soon but for  Sandy Hook Elementary, Trayvon Martin, Amanda Todd, Manuel Loggin and all those lost on by the hands of others.
 

I am so flippin' tired of some of my people saying in reference to what happened at Sandy Hook, "If woulda' been a black man," or " Why didn't Obama shed tears for Trayvon." Yes it would be nice for those lost in the African American community/black America to get the same media coverage during tragic situations, however its' not about that.  A life lost is a life lost. I don't care about the politics of it all because they won't bring back those lost to senseless murders and suicide.   At some point we as African American's have move beyond and heal, intergrate as our ancestors fought for without loosing what makes us culturally unique. Don't let the smooth taste fool you, I know some will not accept me and racism still exist, but it it imperative that I as an African American mother of children with mixed heritage see beyond color.  Racism is just a white problem, it has many different faces including brown.

The Mayans' may have been incorrect about the date as the bible state in Matthew 24:36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." I'm not really for the fire and brimstone message type of girl, but with the amount of tragedy recently in the back of my mind I have to ask. Are we in the end times? however let me ask you something.  Fear, death, anger, in-humility, selfishness, arrogance, pride, greed, lust, lies, and deceit lurk around every corner.  Nations are divided, and the innocence of children is violated. I pray that God has mercy on our souls.

I would like to leave you with a FB Status that I posted a few weeks ago,

" I am tired of it. I am tired of the death and destruction going on in this world. I know the holidays are hard and depressing for many, but these senseless killings need to stop. Mental illness is plaguing our nation as people are giving up and often feeling hopeless. Depression turning to anger, anger to hatred, hatred to death....these are the times the bible talked about, it has and is still time to stay prayed up. Don't get me wrong life isn't all bad, not everybody is out to get you, but if you see someone falling into the shadows pray for your brother rather than condemning them. Life is rough, especially when you are living it alone so love somebody. Open the door for that grandmother struggling at the mall, if the cashier seems to have a chip on their shoulder, let it go. I am all for good customer service, but I am learning some times you just have to let it go. Put yourself in someone elses' shoes and live a life filled with compassion and empathy, you may just be saving lives, including your own. I am convinced that so many suicides and senseless murders could be avoided if we love on one another......" 
-Najeema Iman, I AM Curly Locks-Curlitude on Facebook, December 11, 2012


Peace and Love,
Najeema Iman, I AM Curly Locks 

No comments:

Post a Comment