Saturday, December 22, 2012

Just one of them days

I must be on the brink of a miracle because I am getting hit from every angle right now. Can I vent for a little bit?  Now today didn't start out all bad, in fact I had beautiful proud parent moment as my youngest daughter Elly peed in the potty for the first time. Now this may not seem like a big milestone moment for most of you out there, but if you only knew all of the challenges that Elly has been through in her 18 months on this earth, you would be jumping for joy to.  Elly has Spina Bifida, which I occasionally blog about at www.fortheloveofelly.blogspot.com

Well after having breakfast, experiencing a milestone moment, all things seemed to go downhill.  Earlier in the week Elly was experiencing runs. My husband and I figured that it was just a 24-hour bug or something that she ate.  It happens, and apparently by the fainting of Hilary Clinton it's pretty bad. We decided to put  her on the BRAT diet, you know Bread, Rice, Applesauce, Toast with some Pedialyte to prevent dehydration. Now this is probably the worst diet for a foodie such as Elly, she has desired flavor and spice ever since she was an infant.  She honestly has the most sophisticated pallet of any toddler I know.  But I digress, she seemed to be doing fine, the runs stopped so we figured we would try some solid foods last night.  Well everything was okay until lunchtime, when it began again.  I am beyond frustrated right now as I spent seven hours in the emergency at the local hospital only for them to take an x-ray and after a quick few, " Well it look good, she must just have a virus or something. But we really don't have anything to tell you other than load her up on liquids and continue the BRAT diet." Are you flipping kidding me, after seven hours you tell me that "You think she has a virus, you think that it will pass in 24-hours." Excuse me Mr. ER doctor sir, that just don't cut it.

To add to the drama of my ER experience my toddler is going through a phase that I would like to call MISS INDEPENDENCE ON  STEROIDS -I'M TRYING TO TEST YOU MOMMY SO TIME OUT AND SPANKINGS AREN'T ENOUGH AND IT IS MY ULITIMATE GOAL TO GIVE YOU A MIGRAINE EVERYDAY.  This phase has caused me to spend numerous hours throughout the day battling a two year old to simply sit in time-out as a punishment or get one smack on the behind.  I am pretty sure that I have gained quite a few premature greys and I'm halfway through a bottle of my good friend ALEVE.  It was so bad today when we got back from the hospital that I took all of the  toys out of her room, with the exception of some books and stuffed animals, since one brazen three year old decided that she wanted to express her anger by throwing her toys. She will definitely have to earn them back, and I don't know if Santa will be visiting our home this year.

Not only did I have a tenacious three year old on my hands earlier in the day I found out that my uncle, who is in town for a family celebration, had to be rushed to the hospital and had emergency surgery. Not to mention that my only living grandmother, who I have not seen in over ten years, had to have an urgent surgery today as well.  It has been a bit much for me. 

I know that it won't always be like this.  I know that there is light at the end of the tunnel, but I am sure worn out.  After speaking with my mom today I will definitely be focusing on this scripture for the remainder of the week.
Philippians 4:8 King James Version (KJV)
  Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
There is a whole lot of bad things going  on in the world, but there are far more good, I just can't see them all yet.
 Peace and Love,
 Najeema Iman, I AM Curly Locks(Gotta Stay encouraged on scripture at a time.)



No comments:

Post a Comment