Tuesday, December 11, 2012

It's been a busy time in the life of my household.  I feel like I am in the place that God needs me to be right now. I've been crying a lot, but they have been happy tears, the joy of giving back. On Saturday I had an opportunity to coordinate an event on behalf of the non-profit organization Help Portrait at a local metro Detroit Hospital.  As I have mentioned before, Help Portrait has a simple mission of providing free portraits for families in need.

I am not as sentimental as I used to be, but I have shed quite a few tears editing photographs.  My team had the opportunity to take photographs for so many families and bring so many smiles to so many people with something as simple as a photograph. A camera is a tool that can transform lives.  One young lady who has had an extended stay at the hospital stated, "The hospital is usually so dark and gloomy. But this really made it bright and fun today!" 

I don't know what the rest of my life has in store, but I do know that I want to have more days like this past Saturday.  As one who has continually been blessed I strive to give back 365 days a year. It is easy to give back during the Holidays, but will you take a pledge with me to live a life of selflessness.

Peace and Love,

Najeema Iman, I AM Curly Locks(Striving to be more like Christ)

No comments:

Post a Comment