Monday, December 31, 2012

Homemade Gingerbread and a Picture for Santa by the 3-year old
Well it has been a great week in my household. Despite my occasional SAHM rants to my husband. Christmas was filled with the giggles, squeals and squeaks of toddlers.  We have officially hit the Barbie phase with the three year old, which is fun for me as my inner child has been unleashed.  The one year old has been enjoying her Melissa and Doug puzzles and Garanimal snap beads, which gives mommy a little more time to relax, and house clean occasionally.

I did the SAHM thing and made gingerbread cookies from scratch(will post more about that later as I have been experiencing the joy's of baking a lot lately.)  The first recipe didn't turn out that great, but second turned out divine and I am sure that Santa was impressed, as he ate all but two of the eight cookies we left. I guess Santa was thirsty too, as he drank most of the Lactaid and regular milk that were left out.

Santa has been cultivated. It was the first Christmas that the three year old actually got the concept.  It has been the topic of so many discussions, imagine a three year old telling," Santa's going to bring me presents," every time the Cuddleuppets and Stuffies commercials come on. Santa knew what was good for him and left both off the list.  Now if you recall I had take it old school a few days before Christmas, after a thirty minute tantrum I confiscated almost all of my three year old's toys.  We weren't sure if Santa was paying our house a visit, but I guess he gave her a break.

It's my generation's time to carry on tradition so we had a very large breakfast of peach pancakes, biscuits, bacon, sausage, eggs, and grits.  It wasn't all homemade but it was yummy.  It was just the five of us my mom, hubs, the girls, and me for most of the day until we went to my great aunt's house for our traditional family dinner. I had an opportunity to help coordinate the menu which consisted of cranberry relish and macaroni n' cheese made by me, rice pilaf, polish sausage n' sauerkraut, greens, the best sweet potatoes you have ever tasted, cornbread, rolls, ham, Cornish hens, red velvet cake, pecan pie and more.  It was a good time for all.

Overall the holidays were great for my family filled with food, fun, and family; the way it is suppose to be.  Still recovering so a quiet New Years Eve for us tonight.  No resolutions for the upcoming year because they never seem to get resolved, but I will choose to be more focused and a business plan will be created by February.  I am still in the process of revamping my blog, and improving my writing skills so bare with me.  To all of my 84 followers who check in from time to time, thank you and have a Happy New Year. See you in 2013.

Peace and Love,

Najeema Iman, I AM Curly Locks

No comments:

Post a Comment