Friday, February 15, 2013

Frugal Friday: Book Buying

Okay so I would like to read 24 books by the end of the year. This may not seem like a huge feat, but as stay-at-home-mother of two, finding time for yourself is hard, and reading books is darn near impossible. Books can get quite expensive, but in my eyes they are a timeless investment. Here are my favorite ways to save
  1. Buy Online. I learned about buying books online while penny pinching in college. Buying new is not only a great option for college students, many used editions of your favorite titles are marked down extremely. In fact last week I purchase a book from www.bookbyte.com for 4 bucks with shipping.
  2. Borrow a book from a library. You remember; that place that you went as a kid with books, you have to use a card to get them out. I try to take my family to the library as often as possible. It can be a great place for a play date and story time still exists, who knew. For a list of libraries in your area visit http://www.librarysites.info/
  3. Shop your library. Most libraries have a section where they sell used books or have annual book sales where you can find new books at extreme discounts.
  4. Shop resale and thrift stores, most books at these stores cost less than a dollar and you would be surprised at the types of books that you will find.
Here's to more books.  What's on your reading list right now? I'm reading Ann Petry's The Street.

Peace and Love,


Najeema Iman (I AM Curly Locks, experiencing the joys of reading a good book)

No comments:

Post a Comment