Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Mothering Woes: Cough n' Cold

I am in some sort of bad way right now.  One child sounds like they have a frog in their throat, the other has been sick for two+ weeks and was only awake for three hours yesterday.  The latter child seems to be doing better today, but the reality is that I am so over cough n' cold season right now.  It has wreaked havoc on my already non-existent social life, and put dent in several portions of my developing business plans.  I have definitely had to ask for God's grace quite a few times, and He has given me quite a few attitude adjustments during this hibernation phase.

You, when my kiddos get sick, life seems to be completely on hold. Laundry piles up more than usual, dishes collect in the sink, appointments get rescheduled or cancelled, and though housework becomes less of a priority I still find myself disinfecting every surface possible.  In between coughs, sneezes, administering medicine, cleaning up vomit, I occasionally find time to shower and get a bite to eat.  I know that this is all apart of motherhood, but it surely stinks and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it.  Though I encourage my family to be health conscious and wash their hands, so much so that our hands peel and crack, not every family is like ours.   Not everyone has the "luxury" of keeping their kids at home to care for them when they are sick, or reinforce good hygiene.  Thus my children are exposed to their germs and we have the misfortune of getting sick.

So here I am pulling the  "Woe is me card." cause I am tired as heck locked in four walls with two toddlers who I swear have it in for me, haven't worked out in two days and probably packing on the pounds, and ready to snap at the next parent that I see with a child out in public with a kid coughing with a runny nose. 

No I'm not PMSing, but I sure could use a drink right now. (Don't judge me, got to keep it real.)

As I sit here listening to the moans, groans, and possible tears coming from the youngest room, I realize that there is absolutely nothing that I can do to soothe them.  All the hugs, love, sympathy, nose wipes, diaper changes, baby dolls, teddy bears, Vick's, aren't calming a sick one year old who doesn't want to be bothered right now.  I guess it is time to break out the cold cloth again and wipe her off, pray for me yall.

Najeema Iman, I AM Curly Locks(A mom in need of some intense therapy, prayer, or a nice tall glass of wine)

No comments:

Post a Comment