Monday, April 15, 2013

Fashion: Upgrading the Denim in Wardrobe

I am still wardrobe building.  I went to Torrid a couple of weeks ago and decided to try something a little different. I fell in love with the red zebra skinny jeans(pictured below).  I couldn't leave them in to store, they were a steal at $21 bucks, originally $64.50. I also purchase the British love shirt as well, which only ended up being $11 bucks. I love the fit of Torrd's Jeans and the quality has definitely improved since the last time I visited one of their stores.  I don't know where I am going to where this outfit, but I am loving that bold prints are still trending for spring and summer 2013.

For Zebra Jeans CLICK HERE For British Love Tee CLICK HERE 



Trendy patterned jeans aren't the only investments that I am making right now, denim is a staple that goes beyond jeans. The denim portion of my wardrobe currently consist of three pair of dark wash skinny jeans, one pair of never worn white jeans, a  denim vest, cropped jean jack t and now the red zebra skinny's.  I would like to add a couple of additional washes of jeans as well as two more denim jackets, a dark wash denim vest, and a jean skirt.  Since all of these aren't my budget right now I am narrowing my search to a multifunctional denim jacket.

In my opinion a good quality denim jacket is nothing skimp on when it comes to basics in your wardrobe. They can be paired with just about anything from silk blouses to chiffon skirts.  My criteria is a lot simplier this time around. I am looking for a denim jacket any wash, cropped or regular fit that can go with multiple outfits including maxi dresses. I am not looking for anything too fancy,  no studs, feathers, lace, or extra embellishment, just a plain ole jean jacket.

I started my search a week or so ago and here is what I have found so far.
Torrid Denim Authentic Fitted Jacket

Torrid Hidden Dessert Denim Jacket

Ashley Stewart Casual Denim Jacket

JcPenny-JCP Denim Jacket Plus
Not sure which jacket I am going to try yet, but I will be adding one to my wardrobe as soon as possible. What are you wardrobe staples?

Peace and Love,

Najeema Iman, I AM Curly Locks


No comments:

Post a Comment