Friday, October 15, 2010

Pride, Boasting, and living foolishly

(A back blog from October 15, 2010)

Okay so recently I have been like non-stop blogging, to the point that it was taking away from my devotional time.  I have been so much time putting ads on my page, organizing, creating pages, joining associations; I lost focus of the real reason that I was doing this at all, Kingdom blogging.

Today in my personal studies time I had the opportunity to read two of my favorite things Betty Miller's Daily Devotionals on Proverbs and a blog post called, "Musing of a (Recovering) Strong Black Woman". Betty Miller's devotional was taken out of Proverbs 26:12 and the blog post, "Get Low-The 30th Day of Christmas," discussed Proverbs 27:2.   They both spoke on pride.

Pride is something that I have always struggled with.  I wouldn't call myself arrogant, however I know my strengths.  Continuously I am reminded by those around me of my God given talents and abilities.I grew up in church, in fact both of my parents work in the ministry, so I have sometimes held myself higher than others. Professing "I'm a preachers kid," or kindly telling my audience, "They don't know me..." Nothing but pride and to much self confidence. 

Confidence is good but God has called us to live a life of humility. Humility is a breaking process and it surely doesn't feel good, but being in God's will completely is always the best way to go. 

To boast in oneself, and not speak of the wonders of God, is to live foolishly, and a foolish man will surely perish.

Najeema Iman, I AM Curly Locks

No comments:

Post a Comment