Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Rest in the promises of God



There are nights of tossing and turning, can’t get to sleep for nothin’ in the world, mind racing thinking about the bills that will still be there tomorrow, eye’s shut surrounded in everlasting light, change positions, add a pillow, have a cup of tea, sleep is calling but it seems so far away, a night of unrest. Sound familiar?

Many nights I have stayed awake, seeking the comfort of my sheets only to find countless hours of pondering.  It is easier to say you have faith, than to actually do it.  In order to truly have faith you must rest in the promises of God, put it all out there on the line and trust him to provide whatever your need is.  You have to leave it there, walk away and watch God work.   Faith doesn’t mean that it is going to happen right away, but it means that God can do it, and will do it in His own timing.  Faith requires patience, and confidence in God’s mercy and grace.  Faith is a journey, stop dwelling on when it will be done, focus on awesomeness of God.

My Prayer

God give me the patience to wait on you. Help me rest in your promises, and realize that your grace is sufficient for all part of my life.  Let me not focus on what today look like, or the problems of tomorrow, but on your word. Thank you for everything that you have already done, are doing, and will do in my life. In the Name of Jesus,

Amen 

(Check out Hebrews 4, it has helped me with finding rest.)

Najeema Iman, I AM Curly Locks

No comments:

Post a Comment