Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Style: Estate sale finds


Two weeks ago it happened.  On my way to the recycling center I saw it.  Visions of vintage ran through my head, antiques and those sweet deals you can no longer find in a department store.  It was time for an adventure, it was calling my name.  Hues of cobalt, fuscia, and violet whriling around. There they were waiting just for me, a box of lace, silk, and satin ready to be added to my wardrobe rotation.  This is thrifting. 

To most people an estate sale is just a pile of junk, but to me it is where some of my most prize possessions come from.  This was my experience a few weeks ago when I had a spur of the moment thifting escapade.  Among NaNa frames, Christmas figurines, and dusty encyclopedias I found three trendy bags and several gorgeous scarves for the summer.  Scarves never go out of style so they were definitely a steal at $.50 each and each hand bag was a dollar.  I also picked a vintage suede suitcase but I haven't had a chance to take a picture of it yet.

The Handbags




The Scarves

Silk Tiffany blue and pewter scarf
     
Hot Pink sheer scarf (not sure what material)
Fuchsia floral print silk scarf
Red, white, and blue sheer print scarf
Cream w/ mustard and burnt orange floral print

Multicolor linen scarf w/fringe

No comments:

Post a Comment