Thursday, May 10, 2012

Terribly terrific twos

OMG, people warned me about the terribly terrific twos, but I don't think I believe them.   The emotional roller coaster from a hormonal two year old will make you want to pull your hair out.  I promise you that Elise thinks she's twelve.  Miss independence thinks that she can do everything herself, yet ask for help at the drop of the dime for basic task, such as putting on a shirt.

So far this week I have had three stand offs, which stretches my patience to the limit.  The first stand off came from her refusal to put on pants.  The second came from her refusal to take a nap.  The third stand off, currently taking place as I vent to you, came from her refusal to put away her little people toys.  I'm standing my ground, after two time outs and spanking, she still refused so it is time for an early nap.  You better believe that when she gets up, that she will finish her task.  I will not raise a disobedient child.  Like my mom always told me, "What you do now will effect what you do in the future."  I nipping the problems in the bud now, so that when she gets to her tweens, teens, and then becomes a young adult she will always possess everything needed to succeed.  There are obstacles and challenges in life that you just don't want to deal with all the time, but you have to face it.

Pray for me yall.  Patience and Grace.

Najeema Iman, I AM Curly Locks

No comments:

Post a Comment