Friday, January 11, 2013

Frugal Friday: A Well Stocked Pantry and Fridge

About Frugal Friday Post: In reassessing my blog, I have found that some of my best posts relate to my perspectives on food, fashion, and family. This series consists of helpful hints to use in the kitchen, fashionable looks that won't break the bank, and money saving tips for shopping for the family. 

Couponing ain't easy and it takes a lot of time and organization to achieve extreme savings.  Don't fret my frugal divas, there are other ways to pinch pennies.  Last Friday my first Frugal Friday tip was to Shop Your Kitchen.  This weeks frugal tip is just as simple as the last. In order to shop your kitchen you must have a well stocked pantry, refrigerator, and freezer.   For the most part I keep the staples on hand which bread, cereal, milk, butter,  and eggs. However in order to be able to prepare last minute meals on a tight budget, I have expanded my staples to include things that I use the most often.  Some of these items include...

Photo Credit: pharard.com
  • a variety of Campbells Great for Cooking Soups
  • Ham, Chicken and Beef Soup Bases
  • Chicken Broth
  • Garlic, which I use in just about everything
  • Onion 
  • Canned, Fresh, and Frozen Vegetables
  • Enough meat for 2-3 meals 
  • Hummus, one of the few things my three year old will eat
  • Vegetable and Olive Oil
  • Shortening
  • Lawry's (no kitchen is complete without it) 






No list of staples is exactly alike due to dietary restrictions, taste, lifestyle, and culteral background.  However, there are a few things that should be on everyone's list. Here are a couple of links that may help you in stocking your pantry......

Paula Deen.com-Stocking Your Pantry

Organize It Now.net-Basic Pantry Items

The Chew.com- 20 Must Have Items For A Well-Stocked Pantry

Simplebites.net- Stocking Your Pantry for Success

What are must have items for you pantry? What other frugal ways do you implement into your kitchen and lifestyle in general? Where have you found your most savings? What are you tips for pinching pennies? Leave a comment below.

Peace and Love,

Najeema Iman, I AM Curly Locks

Like this post, subscribe and don't forget to stay connected.

Follow Me on Pinterest







No comments:

Post a Comment