Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Projects, Causes, and Life in General

Well life in my home is pretty chaotic right now.  I have a lot on my plate.  Between physical therapy appointments twice a week for my one year old and teaching my three year old, and working on living "passionately with purpose," as one of my good friends would put it, life can become overwhelming if you don't step back and re-evaluate  Honestly I have a problem saying no and I am currently working on prioritizing my time and commitments. One thing I know for sure is that I love blogging, helping people, and have found a new joy in taking photographs.

Over the next month or two I honestly I don't know how much time I am going to be able to dedicate to I AM Curly Locks, but I have several projects, businesses, and organizations that I am working on and with that I would love for you to check out.  Here are a few....

The first project that I am working on is called Help Portrait, which I mentioned about a week ago during a Groupon campaign that they were hosting. Help Portrait is a non-profit organization started by celebrity photographer Jeremy Cowart, with a simple mission of providing photographs for people in need.  To date globally Help Portrait Communities of photographers, make-up artists, and volunteers have provided over 169,523 photographs at 1,520 locations in 56 countries across the world.  My husband and I have the honor of being the Team Leaders/Hosts for a Help Portrait Detroit event at DMC Children's Hospital in December 8th.  We hope to provide 200+ free portraits to families of the Hospital. To find out more about Help Portrait and other global events taking place on December 8, 2012 visit www.help-portrait.com. Though we have several great sponsors, monetary donations are still needed to make this event a success.  To make tax-deductible monetary donation visit https://help-portrait.donortools.com/my/funds/47964-Help-Portrait-Detroit-MI-2012.  

Some of you may have noticed a stamp on quite a few of my pictures that says "Copyright Justin McMahan Photography."  My husband and I have decided to relaunch our photography business.  We provide on-site services for senior portraits, family portraits, head shots, weddings, and engagement photos in the Greater Lansing and Metro Detroit Area. For more information visit us on the web at http://justingmcmahan.wix.com/landing#!home/mainPage.

My youngest daughter Elly was born with a birth defect called Spina Bifida. Spina Bifida is a neural tube defect in which the spinal cord does not fully close.  For a few months I have blogged about my families experience with Spina Bifida at  "For the Love of Elly: Our Journey Living with Spina Bifida."  Starting this blog  was one of the best things that I could have ever done. It gave me a space to reflect on our peaks and valleys on our journey.  I have met so many interesting people affected by Spina Bifida over the past year; Mothers like myself looking for support, experienced parents providing encouragement, adults willing to share there story letting me know that my daughter life may be a little different, but with my encouragement she will be okay.  I would love for you to check it out, tell me what you think, and subscribe at www.fortheloveofelly.blogspot.com.

I know this isn't the end of my journey, I AM Curly Locks is not dead, just refocusing on things that I am passionate about.  I don't know where this blog will go from here, but I hope that you will continue to share my journey of self revalation with me.  

Peace and Love,

Najeema Iman, forever I AM Curly Locks

No comments:

Post a Comment