Wednesday, March 28, 2012

New Blog, better direction for I AM Curly Locks

As many of you may know my daughter Eliana was born with Spina Bifida.  I spoke about the briefly in a post titled "The Diagnosis."  There are many challenges that come from having a child with Spina Bifida or any other disability for that matter.  I have decided to start a separate blog dedicated exclusively to my families journey living with Spina Bifida "For the Love of Elly: Our Journey Living with Spina Bifida."  This has been one of the most challenging and growing experiences in my life, and I strive to create awareness and prevention.

For inquiring minds, Spina Bifida is a birth defect that involves the incomplete development of the spinal cord during gestation.  There are several different forms of Spina Bifida.  It is estimated that Spina Bifida occurs 7 out of 10,000 live births in the United States. For more information about Spina Bifida encourage you to visit www.spinabifidaassociation.org

With all that being said I will be continuing to maintain "I AM Curly Locks," and will post several times throughout the week.  I AM Curly Locks will function as my personal blog which will include;
  • News Post:My views on local, national, and international news
  • Thrifty Thursdays and Frugal Fridays: My experiences thrifting and being a frugal mom
  • My adventures cooking
  • Natural hair stories
  • Product and Book Reviews
  • Style Post: My style preferences
Pretty much anything that is going on in my mind, when I feel like posting.  This isn't all that it will consist of, but a few things that I know for sure.  I hope that you have an opportunity to visit my new blog at www.fortheloveofelly.blogspot.com and would love if you would subscribe there as well.

You can find me on tumblr at iamcurlylocks.tumblr.com or twitter at https://twitter.com/#!/NajeemaIman

Feel free to like me on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/I-AM-Curly-Locks/168978603112754

Peace and Love,

Najeema Iman, I AM Curly Locks

No comments:

Post a Comment